Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Why Do I Need God In My Life

The answer is, I am God's creation. When I look at an invention, I think of the creator. He is the one who created the machine, take as an example the car. The car would not be able to come into the world by itself. Therefore it has to depend on somebody. And the inventor is the one who made it possible.


If the maker is not around, then there wouldn't be a vehicle, Toyota, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Ford, Proton Saga, Perodua, Cherry etc.. Nobody would know them because they have not existed yet. Until the inventor made the first car. And the most wonderful is, all the component parts of the car are connected with one another.

So, if one part does not work, it will affect the overall performance of the car. For the car to be safe, well maintained and to be able to move around, it needs a person who can look after it. That is, the inventor. He will make sure that the car carries out the work it is meant to - transporting people.

Besides, it also point to a creator, the one responsible for it's existence. In other words pointing and honouring ( giving glory to ) the creator. Actually the
only reason for the existence of things created as in this case.

The same analogy can be applied to me. I am just a creature. And a creature cannot be created without a creator. My being here on earth is not due to some automatic system but rather, made possible by God my creator. Since God created me, I have to depend totally on Him and to trust Him for all my needs, physically and spiritually.

And as He created me, He has a right over me. He owns me. And as a creation, my role is to thank Him, praise, worship and glorify. He is worthy of all these because He is my creator and I am His creature.

God created me different from other creatures by giving me free will ( God has a sense of humour too )so that life would not be boring for me. I am just pulling your legs. It shows that God trusted me ( but sometimes I trust myself more and wanted to do things without asking for God's advice/wisdom first ).

As mentioned earlier, I should have put my full faith in God because He is my maker. Whatever I require, all my material and spiritual needs including problems or difficulties that I faced should be brought to Him. Meaning all my burdens whether big or small, I should give to Him. And God will find a way to resolve them for me.

This is how my relationship with God should be, to trust and have faith in Him. And of course, the most important is for me to love Him with all my heart and mind and to love my neighbour as myself ( which is not an easy thing to do ). Why should I give my everything to God? Simple, because God is my maker.

To cut a long story short, my need for God in my life is obvious. It is a question of right relationship with God, a relationship of creature and creator. Which means, God should be in the centre of my life, my King and my ruler. Otherwise, without this proper relationship with my Creator, my heart and my life will always be empty.

Even though I have reached the pinacle of success, there will always be something missing and lacking ( to the extent, some people will kill themselves when they are unable to find this fulfilment ).

For me, God is the answer. And as a catholic, I personally believe that this should be rightly so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

FEEDJIT Live Page Popularity

FEEDJIT Recommended Reading

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Search This Blog